Year 6 Transition
This page contains information for the students and their families joining the school in September 2020.
You have been offered a place at The Lancaster Academy for September 2020. What happens next?
We are sorry that in the current situation, with schools closed indefinitely during the Covid-19 crisis, we cannot be precise about the way your child’s transition to secondary school will proceed, as our usual schedule of events for Year 6 students and their families are unlikely to go ahead at their usual times and in their usual forms. Please be assured however, that we will do all that we can to stay in touch over the coming weeks and are investigating ways we can provide support with the process between now and September. Please see below for useful information, and forms that need to be completed prior to the start of the new term.
Introduction from the Principal, Mrs Fisher
"Hello, I would like to welcome you to The Lancaster Academy. My name is Mrs Fisher and I am very proud to be the Principal. My role here is to make sure that you are safe, happy and successful. I am really looking forward to meeting you. Until I do, I wish you and your family the very best of wishes. Please stay home, protect the NHS and save lives."
The Lancaster Academy - Year 6 Transition Video
A welcome to Lancaster PowerPoint
- Admission Letter
- Admission Booklet 2020/2021 - Parent/Carer Copy
- Cashless Catering Consent Form
- Swimming Letter 2020
- Show My Homework Booklet
- Welcome Postcard & Timings of School Day
- Information Booklet - To be returned to The Lancaster Academy
- Academy Uniform 2020
- Cashless Catering Information Booklet
- Learning at Lancaster
- Academy Prospectus
- Getting to know you
- Latest Newsletter
Map of the school/bus routes to the school
Links to websites offering transition advice
- Starting Seconday School - BBC Bitesize P1
- Starting Secondary School - BBC Bitesize P2
- Starting Secondary School - Mumsnet
Email addresses for any questions you may have
firstname.lastname@example.org - General queries
email@example.com - Assistant Principal & SENCO
firstname.lastname@example.org - Head of Year 7 & Assistant SENCO
Uniform Direct are back in the situation with the rest of Leicester that we are locked down again, for parents it is stay at home and for us it is stay closed and at this time it is a 14 day lockdown until 14th July. There is no telling whether this will be extended and we are advised that this will be assessed much nearer to the time.
On a more positive note, Uniform Direct have invested heavily in our Online Service, we have stepped up our internet offer by ensuring that we turn around the orders much faster than usual at this time of year. (Our 5 star Trust Pilot Reviews all mention speed of receiving goods). The majority of orders leave us within a week, this may extend as we get closer to start of school.
Please order online, and order as soon as possible and be aware of the following:
- Uniform Direct have stock of all uniform for Lancaster Academy
- Our Customer Services department are here to advise on sizes required. Please measure chest, waist and inside leg (boys) and waist to knee (girls)
- All deliveries are to home and are free on orders over £25 spent (no need to leave home)
- All returns are free if wrong size ordered
- If you would like a call to advise on sizes, delivery times, general uniform advice email initially to:email@example.com Remember to include your Name, Telephone Number and school.
- If you don’t have access to the internet we can take telephone orders on 01522 568865 (above information required please).
Please don’t order late just in case your child has a growth spurt, it is much safer to order now allowing for growth (with our help) and then return only if the child grows more or less than expected for this time of year. We will work with parents to get the correct advice to enable them to order early.
Uniform Direct are very happy to work with schools and their parents to ensure that all children have the correct uniform in time for start of school, the earlier the order is placed the better then any replacements would still have time to get to parents.
While encouraging new year 7’s we also recommend that other years are reminded to try on uniform, many children haven’t worn their uniform since March.