English TeacherBack to Vacancies
We want the best and are prepared to offer significant career development opportunities through TLRs for whole school responsibilities, to make sure that we recruit passionate, inspiring and knowledgeable teachers. The successful candidate for this position will be an English specialist who will work closely alongside our Vice Principal, taking on whole school responsibility to lead on and develop Teaching and Learning across the Academy. Specific responsibilities will be negotiated in relation to the TLR once an appointment has been made, according to expertise and experience.
You may be an ambitious, high flyer who is relatively new to the profession or someone who has been teaching for a few years but is ready for a new challenge. Your ultimate goal is likely to be a senior leadership position; we offer excellent training opportunities, regardless of experience, and the chance to quickly progress within the Academy.
It is a very exciting time to join us at Lancaster; we are an 11-16 Academy with over 900 students on roll and from August 2018, we became co-educational admitting girls for the first time, with now over 200 girls on role. This has added an exciting dimension and a new dynamic to the Lancaster community.
Why work for us?
You will be given the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in this role and you will have access to meaningful professional development
As a Trust we value inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, please let us know on your application and we’ll facilitate this wherever we can.
- Students who believe they can and will achieve
- The opportunity to join our very talented languages department
- An excellent opportunity for career progression, both with the Academy and the Trust
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy
- High quality new build/extensively refurbished learning environments and facilities
- Free onsite parking
- Access to the highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Favourable annual leave entitlement, above the statutory minimum, plus bank holidays.
- Staff Benefits Package - Access to a huge range of savings from retailers such as Currys, Halfords, Wilko, Asda, Tesco, M&S, Morrisons and many more!
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free Financial Support Service from Barclays - support with all aspects of your financial health and wellbeing, and you don't need to be a Barclays customer to use the service.
- Eye Test Vouchers – Free SpecSavers eye test voucher for eligible staff
- Annual Flu Vaccine – Free flu vaccine voucher for eligible staff
- Access to free Counselling sessions following an initial confidential consultation.
We are committed to providing the best education possible for our students to ensure they reach their full potential and enjoy their learning experience. The ideal candidate will be passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our students to ensure they feel valued and that they can succeed.
|English Advert March 2023||22nd Mar 2023||Download|
|JD English Teacher Mar 23||22nd Mar 2023||Download|
|V1.1 LwLAT Privacy Notice for Job Applic...||09th Apr 2022||Download|
|LwALT application form Teaching Staff Ma...||05th Apr 2022||Download|