At the Lancaster Academy we recognise that children, young people and their families may need some additional help and support from time to time. We work closely with a range of local partners to ensure that we can signpost you to the relevant agency to find support if you need it. We also provide support a wide range of support within the school for all of our students, such as mentoring and referrals to the school nurse, and support for parents and carers. Should you require more information regarding the support available, please contact us for further information.
Through Early Help you can gain access to the following support groups:
- 2 Year Pathway - 1001 Critical Days (prebirth-2) now incorporating Teen Parents following Teen Parent antenatal classes.
- Stay and Play - 1-5's play and communication
- Triple P - Targeted Parenting Course
- Domestic Abuse - co-delivered with UAVA
- Young Carers - Support group for young carers
- Inclusion - A Group for 13-24 year olds with SEND
- Girls Group (low and medium risk) 13-19 years - healthy relationships, online safety, CCE/CSE, Wellbeing
- Which Way - for boys aged 13-19 years at risk of or involved in CCE - County Lines, Positive role models and wellbeing
- Managing your own home - for young people transitioning into independent living