We were inspected by Ofsted in February 2020.
The Lancaster Academy has moved out of Special Measures, grade 4, to Requires Improvement, grade 3.
We would like to take this opportunity to celebrate this achievement with the whole of the Lancaster team: students, parents, staff, Governors and Trustees. Thank you to everyone for the team effort it takes to embark on, and stay loyal to, the journey of improvement. We are now focussing on the important move towards securing a judgement of good, grade 2.
The report is very positive about how we care for students here at Lancaster, identifying safeguarding as a clear strength. Likewise, they identify the Senior Leadership Team, Governance and the Trustees as a strength, steering the academy with a strong vision and clear purpose. The report makes it clear that we are moving in the right direction with:
- An improved and increasingly ambitious curriculum delivering a much better quality of education for students
- Improving behaviour ensuring that students behave well and are respectful
- A Personal Development curriculum sensitive to the needs of our students
We need to continue to work on improving:
- An effective curriculum for ALL students
- Leadership at every level of the academy
Lancaster Academy Ofsted Reports